Summer is coming. I can feel it!!
I want to feel it, anyway.
For me, pulled pork is the epitome of summer. Imagine eating it at a picnic with a nice cold beer. I like my pulled pork sandwiched in a delicious homemade bun and garnished with pickled onions. Delicious!
Here is one of my favourite pork recipes. It's dead easy, super delicious, and feeds a hungry crowd. Best served with potatoes or sandwiched!
Slow-cooked Pulled Pork
Ingredients:- 1 can unsalted plum tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 pork shoulder, about 1.8 kg (untied)
- salt and pepper
Directions:1. In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except the pork.
2. Season the pork with salt and pepper, and place it in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour your sauce over-top, and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6 hours.
3. Remove the meat from the slow cooker and pull it apart in shreds with two forks. Meanwhile, pour the sauce into a saucepan and allow it to simmer until it thickens. Add the meat and stir to coat well.
Recipe adapted from here.