I love alcohol in baking (such as my Coconut Rum Banana Bread or my Brandy Berry Trifle). I love it so much, in fact, that I find myself dreaming about wonderful recipes where I could add booze.
With the wonderful peach season upon us once again, I decided to boozify it. I added brandy. And then I incorporated the classic brown-sugar-filled deliciousness of a blondie. And I found a wonderful treat that is both child-like and very much for adults.
Don't worry, the booze taste is subtle and all the alcohol evaporates with baking. But they are delicious nonetheless! I strongly recommend giving these a whirl, and stat. After all, August is the Sunday of summertime! And next thing you know, peaches will be coming from California again, and not the wonderful fields of Ontario.
Brandy Peach Blondies
Ingredients:- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tbsps
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup of ripe, peeled and diced peaches
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, continue stirring briskly, and then fold in the flour just until combined.
3. Add your brandy and peaches, and fold in carefully. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle.
4. Allow it to cool completely before removing it from the pan and cutting it into squares.