I always read about brownies having the 'thin flaky top' and 'gooey centre', but I never really found the tops that flaky and the centers that gooey. Turns out I was using the wrong recipe all this time, because this recipe literally has all the amazing qualities of a delicious brownie: rich but not too sweet, decadent, gooey, flaky top, and above everything, chocolatey!
See how moist that center is? And how delicately crumbly that flaky top is? Yeah.
So in order to identify these brownies, because let's be honest with the fact that these are a billion lightyears away from standard brownies, I have used the name Supernatural Fudge Brownies. They will give you supernatural tastebuds.
Supernatural Fudge Brownies
Ingredients:- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x13inch pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double broiler until melted. Once it is almost all melted, remove from heat immediately.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, and then add the sugars and mix well. Add vanilla and salt, mix well.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
5. Lastly, fold in the flour. Be careful not to overmix, this step is the most important! It's okay if you have one or two flour streaks in there.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, and allow to cool completely for 12hrs before cutting. It's okay if they are still slightly undercooked in the middle once you take them out of the oven, because they will solidify as they cool down. It's best if you let it cool overnight!
Recipe from the blog Hummingbird High